• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry and fuzzy cursor when using it on the art boards in illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for some time now I have bean dealing with a blurry and fuzzy cursor when trying to create art. I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro and have current system software. So, before Illustrator offered the preference of being able to enlarge one's cursor, I downloaded some 3rd party software to make my cursor bigger which was a great help. Now the most recent versions of Illustrator that allow one to adjust cursor size in preferences appear to be incompatible with this old software "patch" and my cursor has been consistently blurry. I just tried reinstalling Illustrator and got rid of all my preferences and it still happens. Any clues anybody? Thanks for listening!
Margo

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you uninstalled all the remainders from that 3rd party software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually am not sure since I don't remember the name of it. ugh. I do
have an old version of Illustrator still installed if you think that might
be the issue? Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old version of Illustrator does not cause that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello margomld,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try the steps shared in this help article (https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchl5bb12e1e/mac) to reset any pointer accessibility settings that might be turned on and relaunch Illustrator to check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Anubhav,

I tried to reset the ponter and was still having problems. I tried a bunch of other things and then thought paerhaps it was my Wacom Tablet doing some thing weird. So I just reloaded the current Wacom driver and then reinstalled Illustrator and it is working!!! I really appreciated your help and also learned something new from you! Have a good weekend!
Margo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello margomld,

Glad to hear that the problem was resolved. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines