• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry PNG

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a low resolution PNG. I've tried upping the resolution in photoshop and then trying to trace it in Illustrator and tracing the original. The auto trace is bulbus and weird and I'm terrible at the pen tool. If anyone knows how to help me please please let me know. 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Trace is garbage in, garbage out. It can't make up sharpness when using a low-res PNG. Same with Photoshop, you can upsize a little but with no information to start with  it can't create a sharper image from a low res file.

Your options are:

• Learn and become comfortable with the pen tool
  • Find a better quality image to start with
  • Pay someone who is comfortable with the pen tool to trace your image by hand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexa,

Without seeing the original image, your result or settings used - there is little more anyone else can do to advise.

Unless you can learn the pen tool, you may have to hire someone to do this for you. The autotrace works when you have the proper resolution, but when you have low resolution you will either get a blocky or too rounded/bulbus result. Therefore trying to trace with pen tool is likely what someone will need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines