• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bottom layer shows above top layers

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - this is a new one to me.  I have been using Illustrator for a year now and never had this problem.  I have never written to this forum...please forgive me for not using the right terminology etc. as I am self taught.  

I am running the most current version of Illustrator.  26.3.1

I have attached a screenshot of the problem.  I have always moved the layers up or down and every time the top layer covers the bottom layers.  This has never, ever been a problem and is probably the easiest thing to accomplish in Illustrator.  So, why all of a sudden did this change from one illustration to the next on the same day?Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 2.22.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Looks like the red strokes (or outlined strokes) just have the same red colour as the shape that is selected in your screenshot. I'd say it's just normal what you see there.

What happens if you give the red filled shape another colour, for example cyan or a light grey?

Am I overlooking something?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the red strokes (or outlined strokes) just have the same red colour as the shape that is selected in your screenshot. I'd say it's just normal what you see there.

What happens if you give the red filled shape another colour, for example cyan or a light grey?

Am I overlooking something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok wow.  I'm just so very lame!  I am so sorry to have bothered everyone with something so easy.  On the flip side...I'm glad it was so easy.  Because honestly I have NEVER seen that happen before.  I must have always just been using contrasting colors in my other illustrations.  Thank you!!

I'm slinking away now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the other layers have a fill color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I changed the colors.  It works fine now.  Like I told Kurt...Thank you very much and I'm slinking away very embarrassed now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, it can (and will) happen to anybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, Sandra. I'm sure we all once were at similar "cringey" points.

For example, when I started to use Illustrator I cussed the application for not providing a tool to draw squares, just because I did not know that holding down the Shift key while drawing with the Rectangle tool would do it.

And there were some other misinterpretations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How very kind of you to share your "experience" with me.  :). Thank you for the encouragement.  Maybe I will ask another question again someday! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines