• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box Appearance Issue

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Illustrator and while working through tutorials, I noticed that my bounding box isn't working correctly. I have this same issue with videos in the tutorials (in-App tutorials).

bounding box glitch.PNG

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at View>Show/Hide Bounding Box from the menu bar, what does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

Thank you for answering so fast. I tried tbe bounding box option and it continues to glitch. Here's what the tutorial videos look like. I'm hoping this is a simple fix. Here's what I've tried:

* Uninstall and reinstall

* Reboot 

* Cleared cache and cookies

* Cleaned up hard drive. Less than 1/5 of memory in use.

This is a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 with Intel Irisxe Max Graphics. intel core i7. Less than 6 months old. 

Glitch2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be an issue with your graphics processor. Check Preferences > Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avec l'outil de sélection (V), s'il s'agit d'un groupe la sélection est correcte...

outil.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci de votre aide. La boite englobante devrait-elle avoir l'air si pixelisee? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does switching between GPU and CPU preview help (using the View menu or Ctrl E)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

Thank you for assisting. I switched back and forth a few times and saw no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching back and forth will not help.

There are issues with some graphic cards and if you have such a graphic card, then often switching to CPU preview does help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If switching to GPU does not help, check if there is an update for your video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you editing a .pdf in Illustrator, you should always be editing in .ai format. PDF is for exporting final files. When exporting to pdf the file construct changes what postscript likes, and not what a person sees as logical. Do a Command Y to toggle into outline view and you will see.

MikeGondek_0-1662814619723.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for assisting. That makes more sense; I was doing a tutorial and these were the class files provided. This problem persists with different file types as well as the in-app tutorials for Ai. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Samantha260475043zet,

We are sorry for the trouble. I hope the issue is resolved by updating the GPU drivers as suggested by Ton. If not, would you mind trying a couple of steps and see if that helps:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If this doesn't help, try creating a new admin user account and installing Illustrator there to check if the same behaviour is happening or not.

If this doesn't either, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator & OS along with its build no.?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines