• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boundingbox gone when moving element

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it's actually called boundingbox, because I don't use the english version of Illustrator.

I'm talking about the border/ box around an element when I select it with the move tool.

Also I haven't done anything with illustrator in a while, so this might be the default. But it's so stupid, I can't imagine that this is the case.

When I move an object the border/ box dissappears and precise movement/ allignment is impossible.

When I switch from GPU preview to CPU preview (super slow) the border is there and I can see it.

I attach this gif so you see my problem.

ezgif-6-92fb4d298a83.gif

Is there any way to get the box back or to always display the box when I move something? Just like it would in InDesign.

My System:

Illustrator 2021

iMac 27" 2019 Intel

macOS Big Sur

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

It is a side-effect of the 'Real-Time Drawing and Editing' setting. You can turn it off under Preferences > Performance, and please vote here also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/40541512-add-an-option-to-show-edges-when-art-is-dragged-wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a side-effect of the 'Real-Time Drawing and Editing' setting. You can turn it off under Preferences > Performance, and please vote here also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/405...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
But what does Real-Time Drawing and Editing actually do? When checked and unchecked I noticed no difference with the drawing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have googled it before posting this reply.

For anybody looking for this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/real-time-editing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you are moving a linked image in your example. With real-time drawing on, you will see the image when you click and drag to move or scale it. With it off, you will just see the bounding box/edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines