• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes used in an ai file aren't loading into the brush panel

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some brushes years ago and opened the ai file to see how the brushes were looking/working on the latest version of AI.

Although the brushes are used within the document, they do not automatically load into the brush panel.

I can apply the brush attributes to new brushmarks by using the eyedropper. 

I'm thinking that the "workings" of the brushes are stored somewhere even though they aren't showing up in that panel, is there some other way I can access the brush file or creation components?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

If the brush has been applied, then the brush should appear in the Brushes panel unless the strokes were expanded. If you have multiple versions of a brush, you can see which one was applied by selecting an object where it has been applied and looking at the Appearance panel (Window > Appearance).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the brush has been applied, then the brush should appear in the Brushes panel unless the strokes were expanded. If you have multiple versions of a brush, you can see which one was applied by selecting an object where it has been applied and looking at the Appearance panel (Window > Appearance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines