• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[BUG] Menu Bar Swatch Crashes Illustrator v27.0.1

Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 / 5 times, when I change the fill or stroke of an object using the menu bar swatch panel, I get the beach ball of death. It will spin indefinitely. After force-quitting, recovered files typically break linked and / or embedded raster images, and I lose those elements.

This only occurs after using the menu bar swatch panel (see image). The side swatch panel works flawlessly. This has been happening for the past two illy updates.

Illustrator v27.0.1

MacBook Pro, 14 inch, M1 Pro, 2021
MacOS Ventura 13.0.1

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.31.55 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is this file? Your screen shot shows you are working at 4.17%??

There are some known issues with upgrading to Ventura and a new Illustrator release for that OS has yet to be released. It could be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, good to know. Hopefully this bug is known and on the squish-list. The issue has been happening consistently regardless of file size. But yes, this particular file is bigger than Adobe's Figma budget. Wish me luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you reboot that Macbook regularly?

Did you reset the preferences when  updating Illustrator? You will lose all your settings, so you might want to rename the preferences folder in order to reset them. This can be undone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reboot daily but I have not tried a preference reset. I'll try that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jessicas42149918,

We are sorry to hear about the crashing & delayed response. Would you mind confirming if this is happening while working on a particular file or all? Also, would you mind confirming the document color profile and swatch?

If you get Illustrator crash reporter on a crash, then would you mind submitting the crash report as suggested in this helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html)? This would help us investigate the crash.
While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and assist accordingly.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines