• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the precision to eliminate pixel percentages?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Illustrator doesn't export correctly when artboards or artwork are not full pixels or placed on a full pixel (ie: 27.345px). Is there a setting to force illustrator to only use full pixels? Even when I have everything aligned on full pixels Illustrator will add a pixel to some exports. Having to open all my exports to check the properties of each one and then fix them in PS is a terrible workflow. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that working with artboards that have the upper left corner X/Y coordinates at a full pixel and have a W/H that don't contain fractions is the first step.

Exporting artboards at 72 ppi or multiples (144, 288) will not add pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often work on a single artboard with multiple assets. The artboard X/Y is at full pixels.  To export the Assets I need I've learned to select them and hit use 'Make Pixel Perfect' which gets them to the closest full pixel W/H. but the position X/Y of the graphic is still at a random pixel percentage. I fix that as well and then drag the asset to the Asset Export panel so I can collect all the assets on the artboard I need and export them at the same time. This results in the exports being 1px off. Unless there is a cool trick it would be daunting to create artboards for each asset, to then export them all individually. 

It would be nice to be able to set the precision level you need to work in so users don't have to be tedious trying to create or move items with the accuracy of 4 decimal points of a pixel. Granted not sure that would resolve this issue either, but certainly would make the workaround a bit easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the experience that Make Pixel perfect leaves the objects at fractional pixels.

I can imagine that additional pixels get generated when a stroke is applied to the center or outside.

In that case "Use Preview Bounds" would give the right size before exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give that a shot. I generally group the entities of an asset and also have been using the object/path/outline stroke thinking that would help give me a more complete pixel size. But end up with the same results. I also experimented with using a workflow from illustrator to XD. (Since XD is for UI design, although a very cumbersome and non-intuitive app), I can then export from there at exact pixel sizes. But again it's doing work twice just to be able to export an asset at the correct size. (This shouldn't be so complicated) I make a rectangle at 400x200, it should export at the same size no matter where it is in the workspace of Illustrator. 

I may give inkspace a try, it's free and hopefully will export graphics/assets properly. For a "professional-level software" Adobe really needs to fix this. I get if you create something that is a percentage of a pixel it will round up no matter what, but the X/Y position on the artboard or the working space should never affect the size. No other software I know does such a thing. I work in nearly all the other adobe products as well as Autodesk products and this issue is solely an Illustrator issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines