• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I connect Variable data to complex object created by my plugin?

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have plagin which creates complex object(barcode). I would like to know is there a way to make complex objects as placholders in the template file?

I've watched video for connecting variable data in illustrator.
Also digged into @Silly-V 's well known script VariableImporter.
Everything seems clear for standart types of illustrator(Text, Graph Data, visibility).
Now my question is: Is there a way to make a complex object(barcode) created by our plugin as placeholder object, like animal image in video? So that I can pass code value by csv and create different barcodes in different versions of files.

Not sure, but maybe object created by plugin could have special interface/attributes for that.

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hard time imaginging the goal without seeing pictures.. can you show us what you're trying to achieve? Either a screen recording of the process you'd like to automate, or a few pictures showing the important steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Disposition_Dev thanks for your response. I'll try to explain more clear.

I am trying to have the barcode object created by my plugin as placeholder in the template file, then import codes(variable data) from csv and create the barcode according to each code. 

This is why I would like to know is there a way to create placeholder for the complex object? or it is just for text, image, graph data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your complex object created by Esko? then probably no, the most you could do is send keystrokes to the Esko panel mimicking human input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not by Esko,but by ArtFlex Barcode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines