• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I paste a non formatted list of text into a formatted text box with different fonts and colours?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is possible, but I am looking to paste a list of copied text, into a formatted text box in illustrator, and keeping the format of the text as it is in illustrator. 

I have a text box in illustrator, and each line of text is a different font and different colour, but all contained in one text box. If I paste another list of text into this formatted text box, all text defaults to the first font and colour. 

The reason I am looking to do this, is so that I don't have to paste each line of text individually. 

Any help, or any other methods of doing this in one go would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Yes you need to do one line of type at a time.

Look into paragraph styles.

Another method is to have a duplicate of your formatted text off the cnavase, Then use the eyedropper set to pick up appearance.This would be slightly faster as you can stay in Illustraor once you copied text from your other app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you need to do one line of type at a time.

Look into paragraph styles.

Another method is to have a duplicate of your formatted text off the cnavase, Then use the eyedropper set to pick up appearance.This would be slightly faster as you can stay in Illustraor once you copied text from your other app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly look into paragraph styles within illustrator. And your suggestion of using the eyedropper tool would work better than pasting each line. Thanks again 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines