Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open new file in illustrator for mac, I just installed

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 21.47.58.png

 This is a screenshot how it looks like straight when I open an Illustrator. 

I hope somebody will help me with it 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can open the preferences, then there is a quick fix in here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-opens-with-blank-window/m-p/92272... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. 

I did try to untick but its still the same. 

Do you have any more ideas how I can fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the tool bar is working now but if I press the HOME button, its still comes up as blank page. Any suggests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed UXP and CEP folders but it's still the same. 

Home button not working, I can open new folder now but if  I select tool, there is no tool bar on the top. 

Any suggests?

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 08.40.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @greta28592234bwy1,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (macOS) and check if it helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This (new user) seems to be the new default Adobe solution for everything, both Mac and PC.

Doesn't this tell the boffins something fundamental is screwed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User folders can get corrupted and this is independent from the application you use.

BTW: on the 15 year old Mac that I just retired there were 4 user folders that I set up when installing version CS2 because of that very issue. So: it's actually not "the new default". It's just a standard step when debugging a system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall seeing this so often on the forum.

A while ago it was user the Cleaner Tool, more recently it was reset prefs...

I've never actually had to do this, it just does seems that the solution for so many issues after a new update is to install into a new user - this shouldn't be a problem for updates (or indeed fresh installs). And as for debugging a system, this again should be something Adobe should be doing before releasing software. Maybe less new toys and more stability with existing ones. JMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1  schrieb:

And as for debugging a system, this again should be something Adobe should be doing before releasing software. Maybe less new toys and more stability with existing ones. JMHO.

How do you think Adobe can debug their users' systems? 

User folders just get corrupted. Setting up a new user is the fastest method to check out whether the problem is the actually the user folder or something else.

When trying to find the cause of an issue what you do is go through the options. A new user is just one of those steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>How do you think Adobe can debug their users' systems? 

There shouldn't be a need for it!

>User folders just get corrupted

Come on, you've seen the forum posts, these people are updating or installing, they're not hacking the registry

>When trying to find the cause of an issue what you do is go through the options

So what's changing? Hmm, let me think... If the users didn't update or install they wouldn't be aware there was a problem, because there wasn't... the problem is the update or the installation.

The other "recommended" solution is go back to a previous version - what, using the same corrupt user profile? Again, this works because the user is not corrupt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not need to hack the registry for your user folder to go south.

It contains some of the most used files on your whole hard disk. Such as the preferences files: read on every start, written every time you close an app. And also it doesn't need to be Illustrator causing the issues. The user folder contains a lot of other stuff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines