• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only open exported Rhino Illustrator files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where I can only seem to be able to open illustrator files that have been exported from Rhino 3D. In Rhino, you have the option to convert your linework into an illustrator file. When it opens in illustrator it usually has the file name and [converted]. Whenever I try to open a regular illustrator file or even create a new template, I get an error message saying "an unknown error has occured." This makes illustrator almost completely useless as I can't open most of my files or even start a new one. I posted an image of my files and I can see that there is a distinction between the files that are exported rhino files and ones that aren't. The exported rhino files have a .AI label and the regular files have a .ai label. I'm sure this has something to do with the problem but I really don't know how to fix it. I am using Illustrator 2019. convertedfile.JPGerror.JPGfiles.JPG

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Resetting the preferences fixed the issue. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was your last systemreboot?

Which system is it by the way?

Where are files located?

Is a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.) The computer's been on since about 10:30 but this has been a persistant problem for weeks

2.) Dell Inspiron 5565 (I don't know if this is what your asking for)

3.) The files are all located in a folder called "503 Studio" (This PC - Videos - 503 Studio)

4.) Illustrator is not connected to a printer. It is set to Adobe PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a Windows update? THey sometimes mess with the printer setting.

Illustrator writes information about the printer into the file. So if it cannot find a printer when opening, it shows these kinds os messages. PDF printer is OK, but maybe you can set it up again, just to be sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not updated recently. I've attached an image of what happens when I open print. It looks normal to me, if something is off, I wouldn't know what it is.print.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither. I'm using a Mac normally. It's just that resetting the printer driver has helped other people.

Apart from that you can reset the preferences (will erase all your settings) and reset the OOBE folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting the preferences fixed the issue. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines