Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Click and Drag (Mac M1)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

So ever since updating to Mac M1 I have this issue in illustrator where if I make an object, say a square, I can't then seem to click and drag it around. I end up having to delete the shape (or whatever object) then be able to click and drag

Its a lot more frustrating in regards to previously designed objects that I need to move and constantly getting an audio beep to tell me it cannot be done.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled which doesnt help - along with deleting preferences.

Any idea's?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which version are you using ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen@Jacknife,

We are sorry for the trouble. This is a known issue. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may downgrade to Illustrator v26.0.3 until the fixed gets released. (This helped some users.)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for the update Anshul, good to know it is known!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen@Jacknife,

I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines