• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a calligraphic brush w/pressure - macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a Wacom Intuos tablet. The latest version of Illustrator just came out too (26.0). I cannot seem to create a calligraphy brush with the pressure feature. This appears to be a known issue. One of the solves I saw on this forum suggests to download an older version of Illustrator (24.3). Doing this is supposed to make Illustrator show up in the Automation tab under Security & Privacy. However it appears that I can only download illustrator version 25 via Creative Cloud. I don't really want to download an illegal version of Illustrator 24.3, so what can I do?

The tablet appears to be working fine using other applications.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

I was able to fix this issue. The fix is installing Illustrator 2020 (v24), which isn't available via Creative Cloud in the previous versions option. I got on to Adobe support chat and they sent me the dmg file right away. Once I installed it, Illustrator 2022 showed up under Automation in the SYSTEM PREFERENCES>SECURITY & PRIVACY>PRIVACY.

I opened up Illustrator 2022 and pressure setting is now available when creating a calligraphic brush.

TLDR: reach out to support via chat to get Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if they help to fix the issue with your Wacom.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all those things mentioned in the post above. Still do not have the option to create a calligraphic brush with pressure sensitivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom tablets are a pain in the rear to be installed for Illustrator. Mine is not working either. I have come to the point where I don't care anymore.

You can try and contact their customer service and have them guide you through installing the driver. Maybe they answer (they haven't answered when I contacted them).

For some people on this forum it worked to install an older driver for an older Illustrator version and then install the newer Illustrator version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I read that on several posts on this forum. But I can't seem to find a version of illustrator that supports this. I believe version 24 is the last one that definitely works. I'll reach out to WACOM and see if I get anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to fix this issue. The fix is installing Illustrator 2020 (v24), which isn't available via Creative Cloud in the previous versions option. I got on to Adobe support chat and they sent me the dmg file right away. Once I installed it, Illustrator 2022 showed up under Automation in the SYSTEM PREFERENCES>SECURITY & PRIVACY>PRIVACY.

I opened up Illustrator 2022 and pressure setting is now available when creating a calligraphic brush.

TLDR: reach out to support via chat to get Illustrator 2020 install file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines