• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create pressure brushes in AI 2022?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started facing a problem creating pressure brushes in Illustrator. I had been using 2021 without a problem and also tried updating it to 2022 but the problem still persists. My tablet is a Wacom Intuos pro and the driver is up to date (6.3.44-2). Not sure why the pressure selection is still greyed out (only 'Random' and 'Fixed' are clickable for the Pressure option. Please help!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the steps mentioned in this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html

You could contact Wacom support to have them help you install the tablet. Tell them that you need it for Illustrator. Then hope for the best.

Installing a tablet is not straightforward anymore. Sometimes you need to install an older driver. Sometimes it won't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue...

Bought an Intuous Pro Large, and noticed the pressure function is always greyed out when creating new brushes. Seems to work in Photoshop ok, but not Illustrator.

I rang Wacom customer services and according to the agent on the phone, he said they were working on a fix and a new driver is set to be released this month (December 2021). 

I've tried several YouTube videos for a fix, wacom support, re-installed drivers, software etc to no avail. Might have to sit tight and check back on an update every soon. (Hopefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I got the help of Wacom customer service as well, the person elevated it to senior customer service and a few days after my pen pressure settings got restored... I think it's definitely to do with the compatibility with the 2022 version and the Wacom drivers, if they're planning to fix the entire issue in a new update, you may unfortunately have to wait till then... Until then maybe a good work around would be to use the in-built Wacom 6D brushes!

Otherwise you can try talking to the agent on the Adobe website because that's where I went!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this issue with Illustrator 2022, have updated drivers etc works in every other program including PS but not Illustrator. Have done system preferences also. 

My question is, why are we paying such high subscription fees for broken software, sort you stuff out Adobe, its pathetic for an illustration program to have such an important function not work at all... 

Stop realeasing new versions if they aren't going to work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I eventually found a fix for this issue...

If you go on adobe support and hit the live chat function, you'll soon connect to someone. When on there, ask for a download link for Illustrator 2020. They gave me one. Once downloaded, my pen pressure magically re-appeared in the 2022 version. It just means you have to keep the 2020 version installed on your system...

Hope that works for you! 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines