• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit/select all text

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi . I am new in Illustrator . I have an .ai file. So I tried to edit the temmplate, but all thing is not what I thought.

I am trying all time select/edit the text , but text not selected full.

What can I do?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a PDF?

Then you have the text cut in pieces. That's just what happens with PDFs. Illustrator is not a general purpose PDF editor.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-ten-commandments-of-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a web search for a merge text block javascript, there's a few different ones out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your text is broken to separate lines. Ypu can do one of this:
1. Use the script like Monika suggests.

2. Cut the text pieces from the lines and past them into the first one.

3. Convert all text lines into Area type (Type > Convert to Area Type), connect all lines (click on the Out marker — big square on the right side of the text area — and then click on the next line's In marker — big square on the right side of the text area)/ It's important here to be careful to the lines order. Then delete all other lines but the first one and change its size to see the whole text.

4/ If you have the original PDF file, open it in Acrobat (Reader or Professional), select the text by Type tool, copy it and paste in the first line in the AI file. Delete all other lines. Convert the Point Type to the Area Type, Change the area size as you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines