• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export from Illustrator into Photoshop with layers

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I've watched a bunch of tutorials of transferring AI into PSD. None of them work. I am just getting one layer in Photoshop when I try to export. Can someone help me out? I have attached the illustrator session.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your artwork is one group on one single main layer.

You need to separate that group and put the elements on separate main layers.

When using Illustrator 2022 and Photoshop 2022 you can also Copy and then paste the group into Photoshop, but that might result in an  utter mess of <path> sublayers in Photoshop. When separating these in Illustrator first and sorting them on layers you might get more meaningful results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. Does this mean every elements needs its own layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is where it gets complicated.

Which version is it? The current version 2022? Then no. You can copy in Illustrator and paste in Photoshop as layers. But: those layers in Photoshop will be an utter mess. And you cannot select layers by color as in Illustrator.

So you might still want to sort the artwork in Illustrator beforehand. And then it will help to give this a structure you can work with. Like group them by color or any other sorting you find practical.

If you have an older version or if you want to export as PSD for some reason, then you need main layers (not sub-layers). And then still: you don't need each single object on its own layer. Make a structure you can work with (I don't know what you want to do with it in Photoshop, only you know that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines