Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export PNG from Export for Screens

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to export any file type from Export for Screens dialog either as an asset or artboard, with a transparent or white background. The entire process seems normal when I try to export a file, but after clicking the Export Asset button, no file ever appears in my selected folder. The Export As... feature seems to be working fine, but I can't export selections or individual assets. None of my settings appear to have changed, but I realize I may just be missing something. I'm using Illustrator 2019 Version 23.0.4. If someone has a suggestion or fix, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Thank you all so much for your help. As it turns out, I did simply overlook a setting. There was no "Scale" setting added under Formats in the Export to Screens dialog box. After I clicked the Add Scale button, I was able to export the asset as usual. I'm assuming it reset in an update and I didn't realize it changed. Sorry, to bother you all when it ended up being a simple solution. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott Family Amazeum​,

I have faced same issue whenever i export file from screenshot but there's not genuine asset and i really appreciate if there's anyone who may help both of us.

Thanks,

Illustrator at [link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on 23.0.4, then you must be on a Mac (it's the most recent version for Mac, whereas 23.0.3 is the most recent version for Windows). I just tested it on Windows, and it's working fine. Maybe some Mac folks here can provide some additional insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can help better if you post a screenshot of your settings.

Setthe location to your desktop. On mac you can use Command D shortcut to make that location point to desktop.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.55.22 AM.png

Please let us know how that works that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If the art was linked but not embedded then there is no art, only an FPO (for position only) rough representation.

You can try opening it in Acrobat, then go to export - all images to see if the files you're trying to export are attached to the file. If they are, you will have a folder with all the elements. Then you just need to relink and embed them. Then you should have no problem exporting for screens.

2. Not recognizing color profiles or memory issues in converting file to web.

a. Save as an EPS and place in a Photoshop document as a Smart Object. Anything that looks jagged is a low res rough (= no art).

b. Open EPS in photoshop directly and rasterize (as a last resort at 300dpi (I use 400dpi)). If you do this, keep text in your illustrator doc or attach as a smart Object in the PSD file.

3. Unable to select and manipulate design elements.

a. Select an element of the same color and go to Select - Same - color fill. If you don't see objects selected there may be clipping paths and or adjustment layers conflicting.

b. Open in Acrobat and look at your prepress settings. See if there are any warnings.

Hopefully this one will get you somewhere.

There's almost always a work-around if you have the high res version of the art somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all so much for your help. As it turns out, I did simply overlook a setting. There was no "Scale" setting added under Formats in the Export to Screens dialog box. After I clicked the Add Scale button, I was able to export the asset as usual. I'm assuming it reset in an update and I didn't realize it changed. Sorry, to bother you all when it ended up being a simple solution. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up. In the future when posting please provide a screenshot of your settings. This saves everyone time including yourself, and gets you a quicker answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this was my first time posting in a forum, but I definitely see how that would help! Thanks again for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hrishikesh233979367uxm_0-1646205523662.png

Facing this since long. tried colored - outlined objects - different files- differrent types of artboards. but not able to export Pngs with export for screens. am forced to export with save for web format which makes differs from the png output i get from export for screens. Helppp pls!~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. When I have free time I come here to learn about any bugs. It's a good habit to keep up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines