• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a recovered .aid file after crash AIDTemp

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried to contact costumer support, but that was a dead end. The contact us button doesn't work and all the other ways just asks you to sign in even if you are already signed in or lead you back to the home page of help center. Totally unacceptable. 

But to the point. I worked on a file for an entire work day and then two days later couldn't find it anywhere. I used Disk Drill to recover the file from the Time Machine. It was saved as an .aid file and I can't open it, if I change the name to .ai it doesn't recognize the file. Is there any other way to open it? 

All help would be greatly appreciated. Barely remember what I was doing and the work is on a tight schedule. 

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 18.13.40.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe @Anshul_Saini can help here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @sunnat79576568,

Sorry to hear about that. I am afraid if the file is restored using any third-party app, then most likely it will encrypt the file, which will lead to data loss & corruption. However, you may share the file's download link here or via DM with me. I will check it at my end. We will surely try our best.

Thanks @Monika Gause, for bringing this to my attention. 

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines