• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open my files

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Adobe Illustrator to 27.00.1. When I try opening my files I get this error message.

Can't open the illustration. The file is locked or in use.

ID: -54

I am the only user and I am not using another device for Illustrator. What is happening? It is holding me up!!!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your files located? On a networked server? In a synchronized folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your question to clarify my problem.

I am working on a Mac, my files are stored in the cloud on OneDrive.

They have always been stored there and I never had problems accessing them until I upgraded to the latest version of Adobe Illustrator.

Kind regards,
Ruth Fortune
“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives” - William A. Foster
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email immediately, do not use or disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. <))><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an explanation for it and the solution is to not work with files in that synchronized folder: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/adobe-illustrator-the-file-is-locked-or-in-us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ruth27398412vnl8,

Thanks for reaching out. As mentioned in the community post that Monika shared, this generally happens when opening files from Shared folders, network servers, or online drives. Would you mind confirming if the file was shared with other users and if it was worked upon by another user when you were trying to open it? If yes, then please try downloading the file locally and then try opening it.

Also, you may try pausing OneDrive automatic sync while you are working & turning it later to sync automatically to avoid any errors and ensure that file is kept on the device in onedrive to avoid any sync error. This can be done by right-clicking a file or folder. Then select Always keep on this device or Free up space.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines