• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open the illustration. there is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i m using illustrator cs6 and i payed for and downloaded a vector file, when i try to open it my illustrator window get smaller and this error comes up "can't open the illustration. there is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again" what the hell do i do, adobe technicall support has been no help so far

Message was edited by: Ged Traynor: Personal email removed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

I laughed to myself when I finally found out that, "Resize the application window" is-- Just grab its lower right corner and drag.

Then click open the file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

What format is the file?

Does his happen when you double-click the file? File > Open? File > Place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 premium

i've attatched the file

yes it happens when i double click it or open it from ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

The file attachment function doesn't quite work on this forum. You'd have to upload the file to a share-able location using Dropbox or something similar, then post a link here.

In the meantime, try this:

Close down Illustrator, then re-launch.

Tap the F key once.

Press Ctrl+O and open the problem file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidd,

Would you mind sharing the file?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I laughed to myself when I finally found out that, "Resize the application window" is-- Just grab its lower right corner and drag.

Then click open the file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a one time solution. However I find this problem to randomly persist each other time I directly open a file of illustrator, the windows is automatically resized to a minimum - and thus fails to open. It must be a new bug, since it never occured before. Anybody knows how to REALLY solve the issue so it won't reoccur? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🤣🤣🤣 ey bro thnx a lot the trick works perfect and feel stupid too, I should have tried this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases, the posted answer does not work, specifically when the last time the file was last edited on a larger-resolution monitor than is availalbe now. In this case, the workaround is to create a *NEW* document, and then "place" (Ctrl-Shift-P) the old file on the new, blank canvas. You may need to resize artboards etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines