Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can't Resize thickness of Vectors

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a free vector of a staff, i want to resize the thickness of the vector, but the resize tool is not working. It show a prohibition simbol.

illustrator.png

TOPICS
How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to dig into the individual paths and their strokes, not try to manipulate the entire group. It might be a good idea to read the relevant sections of the online help...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misa,

As I (mis)understand it, you wish to resize in a way that can be done for stroked paths, but you have filled paths created by outlining the original stroked paths.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try Object > Path > Offset path.

(positive and negative values work. negative values will only work when they aren't too high conpared to the size of the artwork)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines