Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can't save as a Template - "...not enough access privileges. -5000" ???

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.00.14 AM.png

This message suddenly appeared for the firt time when I tried to save a file as a Template. Never seen before. Please help, thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017
Assuming you are saving in the same folder:Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2017/Cool Extras.localized/en_US/TemplatesCheck your privileges on your computer for this folder (Via Get Info: Cmd+i )You need "Read and Write" permissions Best Regards

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly did you try to save the template?

Do you see the same message when you try to save it at your desktop?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to save the Ai file as a Template(.ait) in the Template folder within the software. I don't get the same message when I save it onto the desktop. What do you think?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Carlos, check your permissions for that folder and change them to Read & Write.

But actually any normal .ai file can be opened as a Template, it does not need the .ait extension.

Just select File > New from Template and browse to any .ai file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton, I appreciate your help. Take care, Andrea

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that you've got it solved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are saving in the same folder:

Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2017/Cool Extras.localized/en_US/Templates

Check your privileges on your computer for this folder (Via Get Info: Cmd+i )

You need "Read and Write" permissions

Templates.png

Best Regards

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue. Follow Carlos's guide. Thanks Carlos!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Carlos, This did it! I think it happened because of an upgrade to Sierra recently. Take care, Andrea

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a PC and had the same issue but I also had this issue with earlier versions so I remembered how to get around it - the answer to my problem was to "run as administrator" and it works fine. It is a permissions issue.

Col

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 2.12.28 PM.png

When I tried to switch to Read and Write, I got this message! I double checked and I am the admin on this computer/account. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click the lock on the buttom to unlock and then enter your computer password. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! i have the same problem and even i unlocked and key in my admin password nothing happened.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines