• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save Illustration: ID: -5000

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. We've upgraded to Illustrator CC recently and when trying to re-save an .eps file to our server we get the following message: "Can't save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000." This occurs even though my administartor has granted me full access and privileges, and only happens to Illustrator EPS files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

New Here , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

I know OP was in 2014 but I thought a clearer answer was needed (and I also came across this issue in 2018...)

Permissions on my blank templates folder had no admin and had everyone set to read-only.

the solution i came up with is as follows.

Two options are:

Changing EVERYONE to read and write

Add ADMIN to have read and write and keep EVERYONE read-only

IMHO it is an error when the installer made or edited these folders. But seems like it is easily fixed.

If you cannot find the template folder, you ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

To fix this, I attempted to access the folder for templates directory, but could not find a way on the latest Mac OS. Instead, I remembered a setting for full disk access. Simply go to security and privacy and click the privacy tab. Then in the left hand column is a list of apps and other stuff. Scroll down until you see a folder icon labeled "Full Disk Access". Click it. On the right side you can select programs that have requested full access. I turned it off previously. Click the checkbox for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hey guys. I'm using a mac and also had this annoying warning message pop up every time I tried to save or export 'not enough access privileges' 

After ages clicking around on illustrator I figured out a way that seems to fix it. 

First step go to file and click file info near the bottom. 

IMG_20200521_204657.jpg

Next step, at the bottom you will see preferences and a drop down bar next to it, click on that and click on export and then click OK. 

IMG_20200521_204756.jpg

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it seems to have fixed the pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Hi there, I just had help from apple to see what the issue was.

Very simple fix.

Go to System Preferences
Security & Privacy

Full Disk Access

I found that my software, creative suite, indesign, illustrator, photoshop were all unticked. 
After ticking, quiting and opening up back the software, I had full access again.

I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

So I have just had the same problem.  Get an external Hard drive. Clean up your desktop and download everything.  Empty your trash to free up space.  Easy Peasy nice and Cheesy. I was able to save and no -5000 showed up.  I have a Lacie 3T it is totally worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it helped you! Thanks for the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped! The error messages I was getting were starting to get super frustrating so thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU GOOD SIR!! My the ground you walk be paved lollipops and riches!!!

Saiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i find this blank templates thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I'm using a mac and also had this annoying warning message pop up every time I tried to save or export 'not enough access privileges' 

After ages clicking around on illustrator I figured out a way that seems to fix it. 

First step go to file and click file info near the bottom. 

IMG_20200521_204657.jpg

Next step, at the bottom you will see preferences and a drop down bar next to it, click on that and click on export and then click OK. 

IMG_20200521_204756.jpg

I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

(apologies for the terrible photos) 

Good luck guys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. Does anyone know how to access a created template when creating a new file in Illustrator? I too was experiencing the "unable to save" error, though by changing the permissions of the folder to "read and write" it resolved the problem. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the custom templates to appear when creating a new document. I assume it would show in the "saved" templates, but it doesn't. Having to locate the template manually via Finder is a pain. Thanks for any suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my problem as well. No sense in creating a template if it doesn't even show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-Cmd-N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! it works 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching for a solution to this for literally a year and this helped me out so much. Thank You!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I owe my degree to you boo! thank you so freaking much it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the same issue but didnt know how to change to read and write or anything. Im on a macbook air and i went into the illustrator preferences then reset all the settings.

Click the word illustrator at the top> preferences> general> reset all warnings> reset preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy solution on mac- save file as template to download folder 

move file to templates folder

you will be asked for your security password- done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone STILL encounters this problem (10/17/20, 10:20AM EDT), here's how you find the place to make the changes. 

ON MACS, you find the Templates folder in Finder by going to Applications > Adobe Illustrator 2020 > Cool Extras > en_US (or whatever language option you work with) > Templates* 

Right click on Templates, Click "Get Info", Scroll to the bottom of the window "Sharing & Permissions," click the lock icon in the bottom right corner so the icon is "unlocked" - THEN you can make changes to "Read & Write" for "everyone" and THEN it will work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're amazing! Thank you for coming back and updating this question with an easy fix!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. A student of mine contacted me this morning with this very same issue -"Can't save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000." I had never run across it myself, so I began looking it up. 

I noted that in many cases (on this message board and on other sources) that frequently (but not always) templates were mentioned. 

On my MacBook Pro, Adobe 2020, I decided to try. I made a simple black rectangle, and then tried to Save As a Template, and I got the dreaded message. Then I tried to simply Save As, and again got the message (as I said, I had never gotten it before). I deleted the attempted and started a new layout, again a simple black rectangle. This time I tried Save As first. When I did, I noted that the software was going to send it to the Template folder. I switched just to the Documents folder. It saved. Then with the same file, I tried Save As a Template, and again I noted it was going to save in the Template Folder. I tried and I got the "Can't save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000" message. I tried Save As a Template again, but changed the destination folder to Documents and it worked.

I noted others changed settings on the Templates folder. I do not normally use Templates, which is why I never got the message before. It seems that you may also just need to be aware of where your template (or any file) is going to. Of course, if you want to use the Template folder, then adjust the settings for it. This is just an optional approach for those who don't need it.

I contacted my student. She didn't remember trying to Save As a Template, but she have because it was trying to save to her illustration to the Template folder. When she switched the destination folder the file saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It is May 2021, I have tried adjusting the privilidges on the templates folder, saving to multiple locations, resetting to the default settings during start up, and allowing Adobe AI full disk access. I am still getting the 5000 error when saving from AI. I am on a Mac Book Pro Big Sur.

Any tips? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just came across this same problem and I tried all the options that everyone stated to no avail. What i did figure out was that it depends on the location that file is being saved on. For instance, I was trying to save it onto my portable drive that for whatever reason on my new imac it came up as read only for the everyone option. So all I did was change it to read and write and that fixed my saving issue. Hope that helps anyone else that may come across this same problem. best of luck!

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 7.03.38 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just had help from apple to see what the issue was.

Very simple fix.

Go to System Preferences
Security & Privacy

Full Disk Access

I found that my software, creative suite, indesign, illustrator, photoshop were all unticked. 
After ticking, quiting and opening up back the software, I had full access again.

I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i find many how to and this hellp me!! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank youuuuu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're awesome, thanks for this fix, worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines