• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save Template Ai 2022

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm having trouble saving my template file as a template. I've gone through and made sure cool extras, en_us , templates folders all let me have permissions for read & write.  Not sure why I can't get it to save. I can drag a file in but it won't show up when I click new from template.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shapinginsanity,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would suggest you check out this third-party YouTube tutorial on how to save the Ai template (https://youtu.be/RNOIm9aQr78?t=185). I hope it helps!

Note: It is not necessary to save the Template in the default location. You can save them anywhere on your Mac.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We will try our best to help you out.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm able to create a template it just won't save right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save it to the desktop?

Then save it there and move it to its actual destination in the Finder/Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming that, @shapinginsanity. The workaround will be as @Monika Gause suggested. Save the template on Dekstop or any other folder, and then move to the actual destination. However, it is not required to save it in the actual place to make it work. You can simply save it anywhere and use it from there.

I hope that clarifies and helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines