• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't seem to use Direct Selection tool on Text wrap points around a photo

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that I have been able to do this in the past. I'm using CC2021 now... I have placed a cutout photo on my illustrator file and made a text wrap... I am sure that I used to be able to select the direct selection tool to manipulate the individual points of the text wrap so that I can get the text to wrap correctly.... when did it stop working?

In my photo attachment, I want to adjust the text wrap points so that the "We" moves to next to "recognize"....

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Use the Direct Selection tool to carefully click on the edge of the text wrap, and it should work.

When I have a complex text wrap, sometimes I fnd it easier not to create a text wrap on the photo itself. Using the Pen tool I create a separate shape with no fill no stroke and apply the wrap to that.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get to where you are with the path?

You can  select the image

Object >> flatten transparency

Select the entire path

Cut the Path to clipboa rd

paste in front, and set a text wrap on the path

I grabbed the top point and moved up

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 7.17.49 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @agapesmile516,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. In addition to @Mike_Gondek, suggestion you may try and check out the following workflow, click once on the anchor point using the direct selection tool wait for a second, and click again to move it.

If that doesn't help, would you mind sharing the file with us? We'll check it at our end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Direct Selection tool to carefully click on the edge of the text wrap, and it should work.

When I have a complex text wrap, sometimes I fnd it easier not to create a text wrap on the photo itself. Using the Pen tool I create a separate shape with no fill no stroke and apply the wrap to that.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines