• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't send illustrator files to bin on Mac 11.7.

Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot delete Illustrator files by sending them to the bin. I get a message saying, " The operation can't be completed because backup items can't be modified". Grateful for any help with this.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us where your files are located.

Can you also please show us a screenshot of that error message. Does Illustrator or the system cause it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @toymaker1,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the delayed response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly confirm if this file is placed under a Time Machine backup. If that is the case, you may try turning off Time Machine on your mac or contacting Apple Support for further assistance.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines