• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall CS5 from old computer

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to uninstall CS5 from an old system.  I was trying to install it on a different system but Adobe tells me I can't due to maximum copies in use for my license.  I hooked up the old box, attempted to deactivate the program.  WHen I do that it says it can't find a internet conection.  I have tried to uninstall the program. Again it tells me it can't find a internet connection and reuses to comple the uninstall.  

Customer Services answer is to sign up for a cloud based account and get a new updated copy of CS.  Not interested in that.  Anyone know of any potential work-arounds or points of contact that I can use to deleate this old stranded copy so it will free up the license?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, only Adobe can reset your activations at this point. There is no work around that doesn't involve them. Even if you can deactivate it that way, there's no way to activate a new install as those servers are obsolete, and you will get no help from Adobe in this regard; CS5 isn't compatible with newer systems anyway. Some report they can continue to use EXISTING installs if the system has been upgraded around it, but in most cases, if you try and install fresh now (say on Win 10), the INSTALLER will fail because its code (especially to connect for activation issues) no longer functions properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it particularly ironic that the servers that allowed you to
disenroll or uninstall a copy of these old programs were pull off the
network, but the current ones can recognize and disallow a newly installed
copy of the same old program saying it is already running on the maximum
number of systems under that license.

I guess I should just give up and use the one copy I do have.

Thanks for your help.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a server for uninstalling. All you need is a local uninstaller that removes all the bits and pieces from your harddisk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the uninstalling they are having issue with. It's the deactivation, which DOES require a server connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try contact Adobe again, but specifically ask for an Activation Reset before giving any other sort of information until you connect with someone that actually syays they can do that.

The other possibility is your older computer may not be able to connect with the servera that have since been upgraded to TLS-2. Check this page out: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines