• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't UNITE in PATHFINDER & put a OFFSET PATH on images

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not Illustrator saavy so the responses to similar questions haven't helped me. I was able to unite images through the Pathfinder tool panel and then put on a offset path to create an outline. I logged on to Illustrator today and I am no longer able to do the same thing. I only get an error message that says "The filter produced no results. Please select two overlapping paths." I have tried restarting, deinstalling/reinstalling, copying onto new sheets and selecting Gap Detection in the Shape Building Tools Panel. Nothing is working.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Pathfinder panel from Window > Pathfinder?

If not: use it.

If you already used it, then please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.

I opened my file, copied it and pasted it in front.
Then, I selected all files again and clicked on the Unite button on the Pathfinder panel. That's when I get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator error message.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything shown are listed as images the Layer panel. What you are trying to do cannot be done to raster images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it earlier and it worked just fine, but now stopped working. I've been able to do it again recently with other images, but can't tell which images will work and which won't and why it worked before and now won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Larry said: it doesn't work with raster images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines