• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you save multiple page/tabs at once as a AIT file template?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I am new to the forum and also adobe illustrator.

I design stickers on A4 artboards with registration marks on different page/tabs

I normally have about 30-40 page/tabs open, I would then like to save these in bulk as AIT Template files so I can use them again later on in the day to send them to the plotter.

Is this possible ?

Thank you 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

You can do a File >> Close All, but wil have to ht return on each one, and will save as .ai.

You can then use a free utility like file renamer on mac, or renamer on windows and rename all the .ai files to .ait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a bit of clarification may be required.

For example, I'm not quite sure if you are talking about one single Illustrator document that contains 30 to 40 artboards or if you are talking about 30 to 40 separate Illustrator files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thank you for your resposne - No not artboards on the same page but all sperate documents. I cannot have the same document with many artboards as it means I will have to do registration marks on every artboard and change settings on the plotter each time

So what I am trying to say is they are all seperate documents/pages/tabs I was not sure what the correct wording was to explain this but you are right - they are all seperate documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to script that I think, I don't know of a way to do a Save As on a document you do not have open in front of you.

If the docs were never saved, you'd could quit and then you'd be asked to save each one in turn and you could choose ait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to use script so I will do some youtubing thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do a File >> Close All, but wil have to ht return on each one, and will save as .ai.

You can then use a free utility like file renamer on mac, or renamer on windows and rename all the .ai files to .ait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines