• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you use different cells from the same variable column in a spreadsheet?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a way to use the same variable column in a spreadsheet, but have it so each text box along in the row of objects uses the next cell down in the column from the spreadsheet.

Below here is what the file looks like currently, I can make it so I can have duplicates of the same cell from the spreadsheet.

Example 1.jpgHere is the spreadsheet, I'm wanting to place different text instead of the numbers, the numbers are just there for demonstration.Example 2.jpg Below is an example of what I would like the final outcome to look like, having each text field within each object using a different cell from the variable column, with the final aim being to export all these objects as an .svgExample 3.jpgAny help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's clearly something that would best be done with a script, not "dumb" variables/ data sets. This topic comes up regularly, so if you search for things like "sequentially numbered labels" and similar here on this forum or the web in general, something should turn up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines