• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export .DXF or .DWG AutoCAD files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this asked 100 different ways in the lasy year and is never answered and still looking for an answer.  DOES ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT TO DXF?  Simple freaking question.  I have updated Illustrator and CANNOT output dxf's.  DOES ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT TO DXF?

We absolutely need an honest answer to this question, because if it cannot and it seems as if it DOES NOT WORK WITH AUTOCAD files in or out, we will need to find other software that can.  Please provide us with an adequate answer.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've tried to export: File → Export → Export As → DXF...? (Or DWG) and it's not working for you - so what error are you getting? Is the error on the Illy side or bringing it in to AutoCAD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried exactly that.  There is no error, it's just not even an avaialable export option in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jmcbride,

Sorry for the trouble. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• What is the size of your canvas/ Artboard?
  • Is this happening while exporting a specific file or all?
  • Could you please share a sample file with us in which you are not getting the DXF option in the Export dialog box? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other similar service and share the download link here or via DM. We'll check it at our end.

Also, please confirm the OS & version of Illustrator.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having a similar issue.  Artboard size is 76.3825" x 52.1235". Is that the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI @CarolineHan,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am not able to replicate the same behavior with this artboard size on Ai v27.4.1.
Would you mind confirming your Illustrator & OS version? Also, would you mind sharing the file with us, and we will check on our end?

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>Export>Export As creates the following dialog box in Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10 operating environment (see screenshot): 

Rhiannon228132755xw2_0-1643054701640.png

The Autodesk RealDWG (*.DXF) has always been compatible with the AUTOCAD drafters who have requested files from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines