• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot find tint slider in illustrator

Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone:

I'm new to Illustrator and I am trying to find the tint slider. I've done some research and I have insured that it is a spot color and that the global option is checked. I also have all options showing in the panel. I still cannot find the tint slider. If someone could please point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Illustrator/14.0/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-6276a.html

If you don’t see the Tint slider, make sure that you have a global process color or spot color selected. If you still don’t see the Tint slider, choose Show Options from the Color panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Illustrator/14.0/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-6276a.html

If you don’t see the Tint slider, make sure that you have a global process color or spot color selected. If you still don’t see the Tint slider, choose Show Options from the Color panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply! I solved the problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS5. Show options is checked, color swatch is global, still can't find the tint ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@askjacq

Here is a screen shot of the Swatches panel with a Global (or spot) color and the Color panel with Options showing and the tint box set to 50%. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying my darndest to get that tint option, but no luck. When I click a color swatch and then click color, there is no tint slider. I tried both spot and process colors, but still no slider. I am so jealous of you, Jane!!

Is it because I’m using CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shots, please, of your Swatches and Color panels with a Global or Spot color selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh!! Wait a minute! There’s a “Show options” in the single-arrow dropdown box that gives me the tint slider!!! Now I’m as fancy as Jane!! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

askjacq,

I love your answer, it's making me laugh! (today needs laughs)

Every panel that starts with the symbol ^  and upside down ^ has options. If that symbol isn't' there, there are no options.

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tanks a lot!! could´t find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines