• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open a certain .aic file in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had recently worked on (4 days ago) a specific file on Illustrator but have not touched since. It was before the new update and now when I go to open the file, either from the creative cloud or Illustrator itself, It doesn't respond. When it doesn't respond, the program doesn't freeze up, and I don't get a pop up message. The other thing is a project I had worked on about a month ago I can open, so it is only a problem with one specific file. I've looked through the fourm and seen similar porblems, but nothing exactly like mine. I should mention I am on Windows 10. If I can get any help on how I can open this file it would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

This issue is fixed in AI 25.1 update available in Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Rama_ai's answer doesn't work, there's still a bug. 

1. Quick export the file as AI from the iPad
  2. Share via Airdrop or other means to get it to your Mac
  3. Open and save it from the Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

For me, it worked to close Illustrator and open the file via the Creative Cloud app.
It will automatically open the file in Illustrator then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not.  I'm on 26.0.3, and am having the exact same issue with the first (and possibly last) file I ever saved to cloud.  I created the file yesterday, and saved to CC with the intention of working from different locations.  While I can open the aic file on an elderly iMac, I can't open it on the PC I actually created it on.  Very vexing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working for me now, after opening and saving from another computer, the first desktop was able to load the file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not positive why this happens but I have the same problem, what I do is go on my creative cloud > Your Work > Cloud Documents > Click on the Document and then Duplicate. When you click the copy it should open. This is the only solution that I have found that works so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That doesn’t sound awesome but glad to have something to try.

Devon Christopher Adams

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I logged out of Creative Cloud and logged back in again and the file then opened OK. I promptly saved it locally as an .AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this did not work for me. I am still unable to open .aic files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The fact that it is Feb 2022 and this is still a problem AFTER updating to the recent version is a travesty. Please get this together Adobe and stop saying this is resolved when it is clearly NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did when I couldn't open an .aic file:

Open Creative Cloud>Files>Choose file>Download (under the 3 dots menu)

The file will download as an .ai file. 

Now you should be able to open the file on Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but only PNG files of each page was downloaded. Not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called support, and uninstalled, then reinstalled Illustrator and the proleb is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exact same problem with file I had created 4 days ago - after update this morning I can't open this particular file but can open all others.

I am on a mac with Monterey 12.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @colinbes,

I am really sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As this is happening with a specific file, would it be possible for you to share the link to the Cloud Document from this website https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents? If yes, please share the link here or via DM. I will check it on my end.

Also,  when creating a shareable link of the file, please ensure that "save a copy" and "anyone with the link can view" are checked.

Anshul_Saini_0-1650687509892.png

I will be looking forward to the link.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I tried again to open the mentioned aic file in illustrator and it wouldn't open while others opened fine.

I then logged out of creative cloud and then logged back in and it now opens via creative-cloud files as well as open recents in Illustrator.

Internet Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and may be protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I tried again to open the mentioned aic file in illustrator and it wouldn't open while others opened fine.

I then logged out of creative cloud and then logged back in and it now opens via creative-cloud files as well as open recents in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that, @colinbes. I assume local files are opening without any issue, but Cloud documents are not opening unless you log out or login again from the Creative Cloud. Have you recently changed your Adobe ID Password? Are you using a proxy or VPN? Are you connected to an office or personal internet?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before signing out and back in all local files were opening fine as well as older aic files. The only one I could not open was the last one I had created the day before doing the update.

~C

Internet Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and may be protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I would request you to confirm the following:

• Are you working on multiple machines like a work machine at the office and a different machine at home?
  • Are you facing an issue with this specific file? Now the file is opening after signing out and back in, correct.
  • Is it an intermittent issue for you?

Will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do work on two machines but haven't used illustrator on both machines - on main main machine I use most of the adobe products and on my other pretty much only InDesign where typically I don't save to cloud (somehow have never tried).

So in essence this file was created and edited on only one machine - a macbook pro running Monterey.

I am facing no issues at present - all is working well. 

This was just a once off where I could not open a specific file after update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that everything is working now. Please feel free to reach out if you run into this issue or have any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello this is also my problem!

My AIC files are not downloadable and can't be opened in illustrator anymore. owever it worked just fine last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the complete thread? There should be a couple of tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TRISHA MEGAN CHU5EBC,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• Are you getting any errors while downloading the files?
  • Which exact version of Illustrator is installed on your device?
  • Is this happening with a specific file or all?
  • Would it be possible for you to share the link to the Cloud Document from this website https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents? If yes, please share the link here or via DM. I will check it on my end.

Also,  when creating a shareable link of the file, please ensure that "save a copy" and "anyone with the link can view" are checked.

Anshul_Saini_0-1652976674496.png

I will be looking forward to the link.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rama_ai's answer doesn't work, there's still a bug. 

1. Quick export the file as AI from the iPad
  2. Share via Airdrop or other means to get it to your Mac
  3. Open and save it from the Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it worked to close Illustrator and open the file via the Creative Cloud app.
It will automatically open the file in Illustrator then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines