Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open .TIF files in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have used Illustrator for years to make figures with multiple .TIF files, but when opening a .ai file from 9/7/21 today, a subset of TIFFs in the file are not recognized and I cannot open the images on their own in Illustrator (they throw an error saying "The file is not readable"). I can, however, open these images in Photoshop, re-save them as .TIFs, and then Illustrator will recognize them. Is there a way to get Illustrator to re-recognize my images so I don't have to open them all in Photoshop, save them as new TIFFs, and reorganize them into my .ai sessions?

Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you working in? Are you on a Mac? I just saw the latest update to v26 was supposed to have fixed an issue with linked images, maybe updating would help: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 2015 MacBook Air running iOS 11.6 (Big Sur), and I have this issue with 26.0.3. I tried downloading 25.4.4 as well, and get the same error messages in the older Illustrator version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional detail, I don't have a solution for this, but hopefully someone else will chime in soon.

Here's another thread, that may give you an idea, changing on your system what program opens files, you could add Ai possibly. https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/all-my-illustrator-files-are-showing-as-pdf/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines