Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot run illustrator on Mac OS high Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I had adobe illustrator on my computer (Mac OS high Sierra
Version 10.13.6) and everything went fine untile today I updated my illlustrator and since then I cannot run it. The creative cloud sais that an update is required but my Mac is up to date so there is anything I can do about that. when I try the three dots botton in the creative cloud next to the app icon to try to download an old version instead is written that it's Not Compatible... Dont know what do to, love some help here. sounds wierd that everything was working fine and one update after nothing is working 😞

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is not compatible with your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds wierd that everything was working fine and one update after nothing is working

Might look like a simple update but a lot has happened because of that update. Basically, you need to take action to upgrade your operating system.

my Mac is up to date

Your Mac might be up-to-date as far as High Sierra (released 2017) goes but it's running an old, unsupported operating system which is four major versions behind the current Monterey operating system (released 2021).

Current Adobe software only supports the last 3 Apple operating systems: Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey.

The easiest option, if your hardware can handle it, would be to update your operating system from High Sierra to Monterey or Big Sur or Catalina.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT212735

What are your hardware specs? Follow these steps to find out.

Minimum system requirements to run Illustrator are listed here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You always need to check software guidelines as to OS requirements. The update and your OS are not compatible. You will need to see if your computer can be updated to a current OS or if you can go back to the previous version of Adobe CC that you were working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you cannot (or don't want to) update your system, you can install an older version of Illustrator:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines