• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Toggle Visibility for Guide Layer

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a weird problem with a bunch of files I'm working on; for some reason, the visibility cannot be toggled on the guide layer, but works on every other layer in the document. For context, the top layer of the document is only ruler guides, and the layer has functioned completely normally until now. I've been working on these documents for weeks, and it's only today that I encountered this problem. I've attached a video trying to make things more clear, but I'm really at a loss on how to solve this issue without recreating the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does CTRL; work to hide and show guides?

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 8.28.56 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All was working good, until I unlocked my guides like you have. The inverse happened though, and my visibility was on for all guides but they were missing. Try locking your guides (SHIFT CTRL 😉 if you do not mind, I suspect there is a bug in 2023 when guides are unlocked. Is good practice to work with your guides locked once done editing, so you do not accidentally move them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice! I can hide then with command;, but locking the guides has no effect. They were fully locked so I did not move them, but I unlocked them when trying to figure out why the visibility would not toggle before I screen-recorded the clip. Locking the guides has no effect for me on whether on not I can toggle visibility on the layer; either way, it does not work. It's great the shortcut still does, but this is still a huge problem for me, as this file is for a client who specifically requested all guides in a seperate layer so she can toggle the visibility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've worked in Illustrator 2023 for weeks with the guides both locked and unlocked, and organized exactly as I have them now, with no problem at all, which is why this suddenly becoming an issue is so confusing to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution? I work with my guide layers just like you and this morning I am having this issue for the first time. I the only way I can get rid of the guides is by deleting the layer and the guides and I refuse to do that since I need them in my document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, the only way to fix it I've found was to exclusively use Command; to turn all guides on/off or to completely remake the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really nice if someone from Adobe could maybe jump in here and say something. This is stupid! the other work around is use the line tool and create your own guide but I feel like thats wasted time since I did that with guides for everything I have done in the past 10 years. I want to know if this is a bug or someone's bright idea to always have guides remain visible?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But that is not correct. My update ran 3 days ago. Problem satrted this morning. This thread was started a week ago and O.P. is still experiencing the problem as well. Did you experience this issue? How did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines