• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot transform by draging handles

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been looking for a solution all morning...

I cannot drag handles to reshape forms, at least with some objects I can and others I don't. E.g. I make a rectangular shape en just want to drag 1 corner to change the height or width. I can only move the object. It's not that I don't have handles (used Ctrl Shift B), I just can't drag them... When I use "e" to go to the transformation tool I can see the special transform signs, one moment I can transform but only from the top corners and on another object I can't do anything. When I have a group of objects I have no problems transforming them so up till now it only happens with simple rectangles.

I've already updated Illustrator to the latest version but without any success... Anybody ideas? I'm quite desperate for the moment... Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Did you restart your computer?

Try if switching to CPU Preview (Ctrl E) makes a difference.

If that fails, it may be time to reset your preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart your computer?

Try if switching to CPU Preview (Ctrl E) makes a difference.

If that fails, it may be time to reset your preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply, I did restart the computer, the CPU didn't make any difference, but it looks like the preference reset did! Thanks you very much, I would never thought of doing that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Goed om te horen dat het is opgelost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines