• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon LBP623Cdw printer problems

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just bought a Canon LBP623Cdw printer, using an IMac Big Sur and Adobe Illustrator V25.1 (also tried latest version). I do a lot of printing direct from Illustrator but when I go to the Media Size in the print panel it only gives me 'defined by driver' and US letter.  All my other printers give me a full list of print sizes. US Letter is useless to me (not in the US) as I need A4 and defined by driver prints everything too small. None of the normal print options seem to work properly, like printing landscape etc. Have I bought a printer which is useless to me?  I have been on the Canon website and there seem to be 3 different drivers - but no guideance which one to use.  I installed the UFR11 one, wanted to try the other 2 but the download doesn't work on either of these. We get the same problems on Windows PCs so it must be an Illustrator problem. I am tearing my hair out - can anyone help please?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a Postscript printer?

I haven't installed a print driver in eons, but is this plug and play, networked?

Did it give you a link to the relevent driver to download? Or did it come with one of those old fashioned silver discs? Either way, I assume the printer came with a "Quick Set-Up" guide and you followed all the instructions?

If you print from Acrobat/Word do you get all the paper sizes you would expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The initial printer installation was straightforward, nothing to instal as the IMac does it all for you automatically. I  downloaded 2 of the drivers on the Canon website and tried them both, one works better than the other one and does now give me a list of some different paper sizes  including some very wierd ones, so a partial success after a lot of hassle! At least now I can select the paper sizes I use and a it also gives me the 'user defined' option as well. One of the problems is trying to find the actual driver on the Mac, tyou dont appear to be able to accesss the settings like you can on a Windows PC. I love Macs but some things like that are quite frustrating.  It appears that this  is an  Illustrator problem as other applications like Word, Excel, Affinity Publisher  etc all give me the full list of paper sizes. and there is no issue with printing from them.   I know there are often issues with printing from a Mac as it quite often just instals the Airprint option.  I think I have more or less solved the problem without fully understandinf how, but frustrating as I spent hour trawling the internet etc trying to find a solution!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines