Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant use the exact colors

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i use illustrator 2022, and i cannot pick the exact color. 

i choose a color from the color picker, but it looks diffrent on the page. more faded usually. i try t to give it more saturation or brightness but it always turns out differently. the rest of the programs are fine so i think the problem is not my pc. (its macbook air) 

how can i pick the color i want?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can depend on the document color mode. 

If you work in RGB, you have more colors to choose from compared to a CMYK document which lets you only use colors that can be reproduced by the (more limited) printing inks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it is in cmyk, and in gpu. today i used another mac but i didnt had that problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you pick your color? Do you enter CMYK values?

Are the Color Settings the same on both machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ekran Resmi 2022-10-13 22.15.01.png

 like this, firstly clicking to left bottom color square, i dont know what setting is this. it is cmyk thats all i know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @zeynep25537991s7kw,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind recalibrating your Display for sRGB, restarting your computer, and then relaunching Illustrator as suggested by Ton to check if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i choose a color from the color picker, but it looks diffrent on the page"

In your screendump I don't see a difference between the color in your color picker and the color applied to your object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working in CMYK make sure file >> document Color Mode >> CMYK

RGB has a wider color gamut, especially in the more saturated color like primary blue. Light is more pure than ink hence RGB for example has a nice primary blue and CMYK does not. 

Since you are working on another mac and if the monitor  with issue is in good condition you need to color calibrate. And check all the settings are the same. To me the color seems the same, where are you comparing????

MikeGondek_0-1665691571643.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ekran Resmi 2022-10-14 10.21.16.png

i picked a color online and pasted it and its obviouly not the same. i tried color calibrating but its not about it otherwise i would see the online one as same color. my illustrator is updated should i delete it and upload again? its 26.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your Color Settings? Edit menu > Color Settings...

What is your RGB working space? Hex color values will give you a another color impression  in different RGB working spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ekran Resmi 2022-10-14 11.58.53.png

 im sorry its in turkish i dont know if these are the right settings. should i make it english or can you translate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems fine. There is probably a problem caused by the difference between your monitor color profile (Display) and the sRGB working space from your Color Settings. That means that the same number with the Display profile will give another color than with the sRGB profile.

Can you try if setting your monitor profile to sRGB makes it better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no its not. the colors are still not getting as bright or as saturated or as spesific as i want them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your document color mode is CMYK. That bright turquoise color just doesn't work in CMYK and therefore Illustrator converts it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then what should i do if rgb is limited and cmyk is not working? because this is not only turquoise problem many colors have that problem. i have a macbook air and latest illustrator how can i solve this problem no one is giving the solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is what I get, inline with what others are saying. 

cmyk_vs_rgb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines