• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library Color switching from Process to Spot

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a cmyk color library in Illustrator. I made sure the colors were global and process colors.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.34.17 AM.png

I saved the color library and opened up a new file.

When I use the color library in a new file, the colors are importing as spot colors, not process.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.36.17 AM.png

Does anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see the same thing.

someone seems to have already reported it as a bug:

Global color swatch changes Color type from Process to Spot – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

I recreated the color palette in InDesign and remade the CC Library from the InDesign file.

That seemed to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to that bug entry, if you add a global color to your library, it'll convert it to a spot color. Which is frustrating. I'd suggest everyone comment on the bug report thread linked above, and ask for a solution/update to adding global colors to shared libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, how long do we need to wait for this bug to be fixed? It's great that you give users new tools but if they're buggy and unreliable, needing double-checking, what's the point? All the time I just spent creating a colour library to share between files and programs was a waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, bug still exists in 2019!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bug reports to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still exists in 2020..
Adobe really doesn't give a crap since they have no real competitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug!  I think we are starting to see some real competitors in the web/mobile arena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a bugin the Ai 2021 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny,

vote at Illustrator UserVoice for fixing the issue:

Global Process Colors get added twice when added from a CC library, lose their name and become Spot colors.
Ton, Oct 19, 2017
https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/319...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's March of 2021 and this bug still appears to be an issue.  Has anyone figured this out or has Adobe done something to fix it???  When I use the color library in a new file, the colors are importing as spot colors, not process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Global colors, gradients and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries.

But as a workaround you can drag an object filled with a pattern/gradient/global color to the CC Library 

You can also drag multiple items filled with different patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The patterns/gradients/global colors automatically get added to your swatches panel.

You can hit escape before you click to place the object(s) or delete the dragged library items because the swatches are now part of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines