• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

center box center anchor point

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone tell me why the center anchor point in my rectangle box is not disappearing? It remains there even when I click off of the rectangle box. This is not suppose to happen. It is very frustrating trying to navigate in this stupid 2023 AI.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

I guess I should have said your AI desktop. With your object selected can you go to the main menu and from the Window submenu choose Attributes. A panel should open with that heading. Click on that to open it. There should be three sets of icons which allows you to choose different attributes for the object. One of these will be center anchor or no center anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in Outline mode?

You can open the Attributes panel and uncheck the option to show the centers. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say attributes panel are you referring to Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to WIndow > Attributes

Can you please show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Adobe Illustrator, is what I am referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are actually in outline view.

Did you find the Attributes panel in order to turn off the center point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the attributes panel? I show I am in the Appearance panel on the right side but am confused that there is an attributes panel which I have not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've not been able to see a screenshot of your work window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the rectangle box that shows the center point does not disappear when I click off of it. I did include it in my response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should have said your AI desktop. With your object selected can you go to the main menu and from the Window submenu choose Attributes. A panel should open with that heading. Click on that to open it. There should be three sets of icons which allows you to choose different attributes for the object. One of these will be center anchor or no center anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! The center point is gone. Can I give you a big hug? Omg. I have been trying to get this darn thing to stop doing this for two days now and it was just as simple as that. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to have been of help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines