Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP Modal Dialogue positioning

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow devs,

I created a CEP modal dialogue extension to edit parameters of a live effect pluging I created.

The problem with this dialogue is that it appears in the middle of the screen.

Also with 2 screens, my illustrator is on the second one, when I load the Modal Dialogue extension it loads in the middle of my first screen.

So my question is: how can I make the Modal Dialogue extension load on a specific location of a specific screen(the one illustrator is shown)?

I'm almost in hack and workaround modus, but I want to be sure if there is any 'easy' way to do this.

Thx for any hint in the right direction. 🙂

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Doubl3,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind changing the default display for your system (macOS / Windows) and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps?
If the issue persists, kindly share some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed on your computer, the Display Monitors used, and a screen recording of the problem so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anubhav,

thx for the response.

This is not realy an issue or bug... I'll explain the context a little more.

I have a plugin written in C++ and I use the CEP framework to create ui panels.

I've created a live effect and I needed a modal dialogue appearing when I edit the effect parameters from the appearence panel.

The problem with CEP panel Modal Dialogues is when they are loaded, they load in the middle of the first screen(single or multiscreen setup).  But like other effects this is not what i want. Other effects like for example 'transform' display a modal right above the point where the mouse is clicked.

I allready fixed the issue with some windows functions workarounds as I didn't find any out of the box sollution to this problem.

So can you tell me if there is any way of controling where the CEP model dialogue appears when the extension is loaded?

Thx again for your response.

Kind Regards,

Minne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines