Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine Problem with Illustrator and Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot use Illustrator anymore. It won't even create a blank document. I get the infamous macOS beachball every time. Same thing with InDesign. Existing documents won't open.

I've done some research and found the problem to be originating from the "CEPHtmlEngine" process. I've tried the 2015 solution from Adobe, without success. I've read many support articles, yet the problem persists.

Adobe staff, please help me.

I'm on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina with 8GB of RAM and I was using both apps without trouble until now.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I'm using both Illustrator and InDesign in their latest releases.

Thank you.

Yannick

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to please try and share the following details with us:

• The exact version of Illustrator & InDesign installed on your Macbook.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Please check if turning off the internet help resolve the issue?
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please check if turning it off/ disabling it help resolve the issue?
  • Does signing out from the Creative Cloud desktop app help resolve the issue?
  • Please try turning off GPU performance from InDesign & Illustrator preferences (cmd + k > GPU Performance > uncheck GPU Performance and see if that helps?

Also, please try the suggestion shared on this community posts
(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior...)
(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behav...) and let us know if it helps resolve the issue or not.

This information will help us investigate this Beachball issue.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines