• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change a gradient 3D object to flat vector image.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to help a friend fix his logo for printing on a shirt.

It is a complicated logo, a ball using revolve with light spots added. the rings with the same, glows, shadows etc.

It is causing issues for the printer crashing their computer.

I need to flatten the vector while keeping it still a vector. I am unsure how to explain it as i dont know what to ask for.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

I am afraid that rasterizing is the best solution (maybe redoing the whole logo with gradients is better, but it is complicated and will take a lot of time).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Apart from your main question: No offense, but from a technical or economical point of view the entire construction is some kind of disaster. It consists of about 20.000 paths with about 80.000 anchor points.

If you were drawing it properly, it should only consist of about 100 or 200 paths at most.

In case you or your friend are going to use this logo often and in different contexts, you definitely should consider to redraw it from the ground up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that rasterizing is the best solution (maybe redoing the whole logo with gradients is better, but it is complicated and will take a lot of time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i thought rasterizing would be the best. But it isnt clean crates white edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the white edges: you might want to discuss this with the print service. Depending on the process this might or might not matter.

When rasterizing it, I suppose you leave a transparent background?

Can you perhaps show us or tell exactly how this has been made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from your main question: No offense, but from a technical or economical point of view the entire construction is some kind of disaster. It consists of about 20.000 paths with about 80.000 anchor points.

If you were drawing it properly, it should only consist of about 100 or 200 paths at most.

In case you or your friend are going to use this logo often and in different contexts, you definitely should consider to redraw it from the ground up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. Unfortunately this was created a few years ago by someone else. He has brought it to me to try and fix. I was hoping to avoid the redraw as i couldnt figure out a way to avoid. Thats what i was hoping the community would be able to do. I guess we have come to the same conclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines