• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color of separate dots (Complex artwork)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have a wavy element that's made up of dots. I want to change the color of it so it's not gradient but each dot in another color for example every 4th dot is red, every 5th is yellow. 

What can I do to accomplish that? Is it possible to create for example a grid of dots lets say 20 dots I colored on my own, then duplicate it enough times to get an artwork this big and then make it look wavy ?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Just dots? Try text on a path. You can type 6 dots (or so), color them red, green, blue, orange, yellow, pink (or the like) and then copy/paste. Then use envelopes to make them wavy. Or blends and after expanding paste the text on the paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dots? Try text on a path. You can type 6 dots (or so), color them red, green, blue, orange, yellow, pink (or the like) and then copy/paste. Then use envelopes to make them wavy. Or blends and after expanding paste the text on the paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way of me pasting it on all paths instead of each path individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely depends on how you make the paths. You could connedt path text objects like you can do with area text. Or you can make one text path and duplicate it and then distort it. So tell us your method and there might be ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.png

I downloaded a wavy lines effect with paths already made and I clicked on each path individually and did the text method you suggested and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks cool! Thank you for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines