• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change radius 1 and 2 and numbers of tips AFTER creation

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created several stars. I would like to modify some of them by adding sides "tips" and changing the radius 1 and 2. Are you able to change this AFTER you have already created them. I know you can set it before you create it, but I'm looking for editing after. Thanks!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So at this point, it cannot be done? You just have to create one that you know you will work with? I don't want to keep hunting for a solution if there isn't one! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The star tool cannot change the number of points AFTER a star is created.

As a non-perfect workaround:

1. Make a circle.
  2. With the cicle selected, choose Effect > Distort & Transform > Zig Zag.

To edit the effect later, click on the Zig Zag effect in the Appearance panel (which you can open via Window > Appearance).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Any suggestions for changing the radius 1 and 2?  That is my biggest need. Any workarounds for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the inner (or outer) anchor points using the Lasso tool. Then use the Scale tool to shrink or enlarge.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That method won't be geometrically exact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you need to scale around the real center of the star shape instead of the center of the bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Dan suggested, use the Lasso tool to select the points you need to change. (and don't forget to vote).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines