Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the background color in Illustrator

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Illustrator 26.0.2, but I am a beginner.  I have an .ai file that has a logo that consists of a multiple paths. All of the paths that form the logo are in a single group. When I open the Layers panel, I can hide the entire logo by clicking on the "eyeball" icon for this group. When I do this, all I see is a white background. I would like to change this background to a different (solid) color. If anyone can tell me what is the easiest way to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

In order to have a background color, draw a rectangle and fill it with the desired color.

The white you see is just the artboard, but actually there is no background in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to have a background color, draw a rectangle and fill it with the desired color.

The white you see is just the artboard, but actually there is no background in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest would be to add a new layer to the project and in the Layer panel make sure that new layer is below the logo layer in the stack. Then with that layer active, use the rectangle tool to draw a path of an appropriate size and color it as you like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Monika and Larry! That was a big help!!

Best regards, Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines