• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing a dashed line into series of independent small lines

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am trying to turn a dashed line into a series of small independent lines (where each dash is an independent line) for use on a laser cutter. Cant remember how to do this...

Thx

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a thread on this topic some time ago, but still have too much to do at the moment to continue it.

But here you can find some very good options  -->

Adobe Illustrator Forum | [JS] [Action] Split or break a dashed line into separate (real) lines by s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Expand Appearance and then Expand don't get you what you want?

Maybe a before and after sample might help me understand.

EDIT: Ah, when you say LINES, you specifically mean STROKES. The above will give you a series of narrow fills, not strokes, my bad.

EDIT 2: Kurt Gold's Dash Nipper at the link above definitely works, but as he says, I find I do have to reload it if I quit Illy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Met1,

the latest version of the Dash Nipper action should work without having to reload it after quitting and restarting Illustrator. And the scripts provided in pixxxelschubser's thread do work pretty well as well.

Apart from that, I'm afraid that pixxxelschubser is so incredibly busy, such that he may never have the time to try out all the approaches presented so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, thanks Kurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines