• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing an image back to an ai

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a previous ai document that was saved as a jpg, how can I reverse the process to make that document back into an ai?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Did you ever save the file as an .ai? If not you could try to use the Image Trace function, which depending on the jpg has variable good/bad results. But there is no reversal if you never actually saved the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make an omelett back into an egg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly.

Close all files and looking for the last ai file in your recent file list.

Open that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever save the file as an .ai? If not you could try to use the Image Trace function, which depending on the jpg has variable good/bad results. But there is no reversal if you never actually saved the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always keep  an .ai file when working in Illustrator. If you explain what happened we may be able to help you resurrect the .ai file which is the preferred path to take.

Can you post a copy of the .jpg. Unless the .jpg is high res you will likely not get a good looking image trace, but you may be able to fix with a few  edits. Seeing the colors and detail of art would be preferred to best advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did save it to an ai, I then made it into a repeat and then wanted to put it into Society 6 and deleted the ai in error.  I didn't realize that I did this until I needed the ai file and couldn't find it.  So it is no longer in the recycle bin.  I'm new at surface design and am just starting to put some of my designs into shops I'm opening up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are just circles. Should be easy to re-create.

Set up a new file.

Place the JPG

Draw the circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines